Tooth loss is nothing to be ashamed of. In fact, if you are suffering from tooth loss you are just one out of millions of other Americans who have also lost one or more teeth. Many have experienced tooth loss, and if they have a dental implant you may not even realize that they’ve ever lost any teeth.
If you’ve lost a tooth, there are a few reasons you may want to consider having it replaced:
- A missing tooth can lead to bone loss.
- Surrounding teeth may shift due to the gap in your smile.
- A restored tooth can give you back your smile.
- With proper care, a replacement tooth can last for years.
A dental implant is a 3-step process that will result in a dental crown being placed where your tooth is missing. This crown is custom-made to perfectly fit your smile, blending in naturally. Crowns are also color-matched to your surrounding teeth, helping them blend in as well. A dental implant is made to look and feel just like a natural tooth. If you are missing several teeth in a row, a bridge can be made using just a few implants and the crowns can be secured without needing an implant underneath each replacement tooth.
What are the advantages of implants?
- Implants are very stable; they won’t feel insecure or move out of place.
- Implants feel and work like real teeth.
- Implants will not damage your surrounding teeth.
- With proper upkeep and care, implants are made to last a lifetime.
You will care for a dental implant just like any other tooth in your mouth. Daily brushing and flossing will help your implant last a long time. If you are in search of dental implants in Newcastle, OK, call us today to schedule a consultation. Your dentist will examine your smile and give you a personalized treatment plan designed just for you with recommendations for improving your teeth. Don’t let missing teeth interrupt your life; take the first step towards a healthier smile today!